E-mail: zwh2 at case(dot)edu
Garmin AT: Electrical Design Engineering Intern Summer 2013
· Defined, designed, laid out and built a board to perform automated testing
· Circuit design and synthesis using LT Spice including loss analysis for power supply
· Circuit design and layout in both PADS & CADStar
· Solder school, taught by manufacturing manager: J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610
· Initiated a cross discipline team to address known software issues
Garmin AT: Process Engineering Intern Summer 2012
· Worked alongside engineers to move new designs into mass production. Assisted production team as needed and maintenance of SMT machinery
· Worked independently on projects with both engineering and production staff.
North West Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Summer 2010
· Support the electrical engineering team with circuit design, layout and prototyping.
· Ran environmental tests. Worked to improve test setup and implement new designs.
Intel Engineering Challenge March 2010–June 2010
· First Place trophy— Designed, built and demonstrated a 17-foot, 6-foot-diameter blimp with radio control.
FIRST Robotics October 2006–March 2012
· Founded a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) Team and participated six years in various capacities including team captain and lead programmer. Received Robotics Varsity Letter.
· Attended the 2009 FIRST Robotics World Championship in Atlanta, GA
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Ohio August 2012–Present
Electrical Engineering Major
GPA: 3.64 | Dean’s Honor List
Research in Quadrotor control and applications
Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Summer 2011
Interpretation and Argument, Chemistry: six-week accelerated college courses through APEA Program.
Amity High School, Amity, Oregon September 2008–June 2012
GPA: 4.0 unweighted | Rank: 1 of 78 | Honor Roll every semester
Class President—Three years: Leadership Class
Hardware: Microcontrollers, FPGAs, ADCs, DAC, DC-DC converters
Languages: Java, C/C++, Assembly, Verilog
Programs: Schematic and PCB design (PADS, CADSTAR, Multisim, Altium), Active-HDL, Code Composer, Eclipse
Boy Scouts of America
Eagle Scout. Involved in the Boy Scouts for nine years with seven summer “50 milers”.
ID Tech Programming Academy July 2009
Two-week intensive course in Java on the
Outdoor activities hiking/backpacking and skiing. Technology research in processors, robotics, software and gadgets. Photography.