E-mail: zwh2 at case(dot)edu
Insitu: Electrical Engineering Intern Summer 2014
· Designed and laid out circuit board with both high current and ethernet for high vibration environment
· Circuit design and layout in PADS, DxDesigner and Expedition PCB
Garmin AT: Electrical Design Engineering Intern Summer 2013
· Defined, designed and laid out board to perform automated testing: precision current source, ADC and DAC
· Circuit design and synthesis using LT Spice including loss analysis for power supply
· Initiated cross discipline team to quickly address software issue to keep production-test equipment functional
· J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 solder school trained
Garmin AT: Process Engineering Intern Summer 2012
· Worked alongside engineers to move new designs into mass production. Assisted production team as needed and maintenance of SMT machinery
· Worked independently on projects with both engineering and production staff.
Northwest Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Summer 2010
· Supported the electrical engineering team with circuit design, layout and prototyping.
· Ran environmental tests. Worked to improve test setup and implement new designs.
Intel Engineering Challenge Spring 2010
· First Place trophy— Designed, built and demonstrated a 17-foot, 6-foot-diameter blimp with radio control.
FIRST Robotics 2006–2012 Seasons
· Founded a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) Team and participated six years in various capacities including team captain and lead programmer. Received Robotics Varsity Letter.
· Attended the 2009 FIRST Robotics World Championship in Atlanta, GA
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Ohio August 2012–Present
Electrical Engineering Major
GPA: 3.50 | Dean’s Honor List
Analog, mixed signal, and digital design classwork
Research in Quadrotor control and applications
Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Summer 2011
APEA accelerated college course program: 22 units
Amity High School, Amity, Oregon September 2008–June 2012
GPA: 4.0 unweighted | Rank: 1 of 78 | Honor Roll every semester
Class President—Three years: Leadership Class
Senior Project—designed, built, flew AtmelARM based gyro/accel stabilized quad-copter
Hardware: Ethernet, PLL, Microcontrollers, FPGAs, ADCs, DAC, DC-DC converters, PID control
Languages: Java, C/C++, Assembly, BASIC, Verilog
Programs: Schematic and PCB design (PADS, CADSTAR, DX Designer, Multisim, Altium), SPICE, Active-HDL, Code Composer, Eclipse
Delta Chi Fraternity
Executive Vice President, Recruitment chair, “Man of Excellence” scholarship recipient.
Boy Scouts of America
Eagle Scout. Involved in the Boy Scouts for nine years with seven summer “50 milers”.
ID Tech Programming Academy July 2009
Intensive course in Java on the Stanford campus. Culminated in presentation to NASA Ames research team.
Outdoor activities hiking/backpacking and skiing. Technology interests in computers, robotics, software and gadgets. Photography.